[vtkusers] CT Gantry Tilt correction

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 11:15:17 EST 2017

Hi Satwik,

The VTK imaging pipeline works by "streaming", which means that if you
display one slice, then the entire pipeline is executed for that slice, and
when you move to the next slice, it re-executes for that next slice, etc.

It's easy to keep this from occurring.  Just call Update() on the filter
after you have set up the filter.  Even better, you can use SetInputData()
and GetOutput() to connect the filter.  In VTK 6, 7, and 8 these methods
will disable streaming.

If it still updates slowly after you've done this, let me know.

Cheers,

 - David