[vtkusers] Remove duplicate triangles in vtkPolyData

Luca Pallozzi Lavorante lplavorante at gmail.com
Thu May 25 08:47:52 EDT 2017

Good morning,
I would like to know if there any VTK (7.0) class to remove duplicate
triangles in a vtkPolyData. Actually, the duplicate triangles are the
output of the following pipeline:

vtkUnstructuredGrid -> vtkDataSetSurfaceFilter

My original  data is a geological layer which can have zero thickness in
some portions. When this happens, vtkDataSetSurfaceFilter returns a
vtkPolyData mesh with duplicated triangles. When I apply vtkPolyDataNormals
to this mesh, the duplicated triangles do not appear smooth. So I though I
could use vtkCleanPolyData, but it did not work.

 Thanks in advance for any help.

      Luca Pallozzi Lavorante