[vtkusers] About writers on windows

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Fri Mar 10 09:28:57 EST 2017

Rustem,

Unfortunately, there is a longstanding issue with non-Latin characters
in ParaView state files:
https://gitlab.kitware.com/paraview/paraview/issues/12708

I'm not sure how much work it would be to support non-Latin characters
(I'm no UTF-* expert).

Best,
Cory

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 9:10 AM, Rustem Khabetdinov
<rustem.khabetdinov at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I am not sure if I should write it here or paraview mailing list but I have
> an issue when I try to save multiblock dataset with
> vtkxmlmultiblockdatawriter. When I use it on Windows and try to save
> something with cyrillic chars in path it saves everything in UTF-8. So when
> I try to open this file in paraview(or vtk) there is an error that says that
> the xml file is not well-formed. But when I use paraview to save multiblock
> dataset it saves everything with local(cp1251) encoding and I am able to
> open it everywhere.
> Is there anything that I need to change in writer in order to use local
> encoding in xml files?
>
> Best Regards,
> Rustem Khabetdinov.

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ