[vtkusers] vtkVolumeTextureMapper3D in VTK 7.1?

Alvaro Sanchez alvaro.sanchez at kitware.com
Mon Mar 6 12:17:48 EST 2017

Hi Shark,

unfortunately there is no current plan of porting vtkVolumeTextureMapper3D
to OpenGL2
, as far as I know.  We will soon however support image down sampling in X
and Y which
should serve as additional knobs to tweak the performance of
 GPURayCastMapper in
OpenGL2 (only sample distance can be currently adjusted).

Could you provide more detail on the size of the dataset you are rendering
and your GPU
specs?

Thanks,
Álvaro

On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 10:30 AM, Shark <m.nunes at fratoria.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have been having some issues with vtkVolumeTextureMapper3D. I see it has
> been deprecated, however it is still available if I use the old openGL.
>
> Since for software rendering with texture mapping is much faster than ray
> casting, I would like to know if you are planning to have a Volume Texture
> Mapper for openGL 2, or if there is actually a new one that I am not able
> find.
>
> Best regards,
> Shark
>

> --