[vtkusers] VTK using Windows Forms and Activiz .NET

Neel Patel 0-0-0 siva.yedithi at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 17:19:12 EDT 2017

Hi all,

    I'm currently trying to use both Win Forms and VTK.  I've looked at the
examples on the wiki and whenever the rendering is being done, it is called
in an Event (i.e. renderWindowControl1_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) ).

So in the case of the oriented arrow example on the wiki
(https://itk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/CSharp/GeometricObjects/OrientedArrow),
the method is called in Load. If I were to call the method directly, it
doesn't render. Is it neccesary for it to be structured in that way?

Any help might be appreciated, I've looked around but most people seem to
prefer using Qt. The reason I ask is because I want to update my render
every couple seconds, and the only Event that looks plausible is the
OnPaint(), but I'm not quite sure thats correct.

                                         Regards,
                                             Neel