[vtkusers] Fwd: VTK on Cray XC30

Chuck Atkins chuck.atkins at kitware.com
Mon Jun 5 13:08:11 EDT 2017

Hi Luis,

I have not managed to install it with the Cray compilers though.

GNU and Intel compielrs are both known to work well.  Last time I checked
about a year ago, PGI and Cray compilers both had problems that were
non-trivial to address so we've stopped "actively" supporting them since no
one was explicitly asking for them to work, meaining it might work, it
might not, but we're not testing them at the moment.  However, if PGI
and/or Cray compilers are important for VTK to support for your
application, I'd be happy to have a discussion off-list with you regarding
what options might be available for additional support.

> But I think I have a good installation with gcc 5.

Great!  Glad to hear it!

Chuck Atkins
Staff R&D Engineer, Scientific Computing
Kitware, Inc.