[vtkusers] ​Re: Normal vector of the surface of ellipstic cylinder

Andrew Maclean andrew.amaclean at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 02:21:53 EDT 2017

Hi all,
In order to introduce more triangles, I don't think that there is any need
to do multiple successive extrusions.
I would suggest using vtkLinearSubdivisionFilter to achieve what I think
you want.

Please see the attached modification of your code.

Note:
1) You need to pass extrude through vtkTriangleFilter then apply
vtkLinearSubdivisionFilter.
2) Experiment with changing numberOfSubdivisions in the attached code.

Regards
    Andrew