[vtkusers] VTK web application

Sebastien Jourdain sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com
Wed Jan 25 13:43:33 EST 2017

Hi Eric,

We used to have an example for vtkWeb using the graph view here:
https://github.com/Kitware/VTK/tree/v7.0.0/Web/Applications/GraphLayout

Since ParaView does not provide any proxy for the vtkGraphLayoutView, you
most likely will have to stick with VTK on the server side.

But between VTK 7.0 to 7.1, we removed all the JavaScript code from the VTK
repository and created a dedicated JavaScript repo here (
https://github.com/kitware/paraviewweb).

Even if we mostly use it with a ParaView server, you can still create a
vtkWeb application based on it. We have some explanations here (
http://kitware.github.io/paraviewweb/examples/RemoteRenderer.html) where
the code was taken from (
https://github.com/Kitware/VTK/tree/v7.0.0/Web/Applications/Cone).

Hopefully from those examples, you will be able to redo our old GraphLayout
example with the new code base. And see how to go forward based on your
needs.

Seb