[vtkusers] Changing level/window in LUT for ImageSlice: Unwanted clipping effects

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 09:20:39 EST 2017

Hi Sophonet,

I have confirmed that what you report is true: the vtkImageResliceMapper
(and vtkImageSliceMapper) seem to ignore the AboveRangeColor and the
BelowRangeColor.  This is also true for the current VTK master branch.  My
current theory is that the mapper clamps the scalars to the range before
they go through the lookup table.  Hopefully I'll have a fix for this soon.

As a workaround (a inefficient workaround), you can use vtkImageMapToColors
to apply the lookup table to the image before it goes to the mapper.

 - David