[vtkusers] GPU antialising not working on OpenGL2

Patricio Palma C. patriciop at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 19:37:15 EDT 2017

Hi Experts

I have an application runs on Linux using VTK 5.10 with the old opengl
back-end, when running this application in a workstation with GPU it
produces structures that are rendered with anti-aliasing, the code for this
application do not consider calls like SetMultiSamples() or SetAAFrame() to
get this effect, then I assume the GPU is providing this for free :).

On the other hand, the same application ported to VTK 7.1 and using the new
back-end OpenGL2, tested on the same workstation, do not produces the same
anti-aliased images. I have tried using SetAAFrames() but the results are
not the same, and the performance got a bit slower.

Do you have any idea about what can be causing this? or How can I get the
GPU anti-aliasing enabled when using VTK 7.1 with OpenGL2?

--
Patricio Palma Contreras