[vtkusers] Segmentation fault with vtkBooleanOperationPolyDataFilter using 2 cylinders [HELP]

esean seanharre at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 11:59:56 EDT 2017

Hi all,

Sorry for bumping this old thread, but I think I am running into the same
issue but using latest VTK 7.1. In searching for a solution, Google brought
me here.

I have an STL I'm opening and looking for the intersection with a cube using
vtkBooleanOperationPolyDataFilter. But am getting a seg fault 11 when
performing vtkBooleanOperationPolyDataFilter->Update(). I have found
changing the cube dimensions will prevent the crash.

I've attached a small piece of code and STL which is recreating the problem
for me on every run. Can someone more knowledgable than me check if this is
the same issue, or a new crash?

Thanks!

Sean

boolcrash.zip <http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5742915/boolcrash.zip>

And if the attachment doesn't work, I placed a temporary copy in Dropbox
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bkrqqr529kjov8f/boolcrash.zip?dl=0