[vtkusers] VTK c++ class wrapper with CLI

Djedjiga Ayouaz ayouazjejiya at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 08:13:41 EDT 2017

Hello,

I am trying to wrap a small program of c++ with VTK in order to get a
rendering window in C#.
When I created a CLR  Class Library, I included a directory of  vtk class
called "RenderingWindow"  to a .h and .cpp files of the class library:

#include <C:\Users\djedj\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\vtk_Wpf_
rendering\bin\RenderingWindow.h>
#include <C:\Users\djedj\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\vtk_Wpf_
rendering\bin\RenderingWindow.cpp>

 I get errors  like this one :

Error C1083 :Cannot open include file: 'vtkXMLUnstructuredGridReader.h': No
such file or directory

I tried to integrate VTK to this Class Library to fix this problem like we
do it with OpenCV:
- I added the bin directory to include directories
- I added a lib directory to libraries directory
- I added all the libraries in additional dependencies
- Then I added the current project to the solution of the c++ project and
made this project depending on c++ project

It didn't work, so I'm thinking to build it like I did it with C++ project,
but I don't really know how to do it and if it is the required solution.
I didn't find a tutorial or an article explaning how to wrap a c++ class
with VTK library.

Thank you for your help