[vtkusers] vtkPolyPlane problem

Matteo sendtomatteo at yahoo.it
Wed Apr 5 04:48:01 EDT 2017

Hi
I need to use vtkCutter to cut a vtkStructuredGrid, but not using a
simple vtkPlane: what I need is something more complex.
I need to use a polyline, and extrude it on Z direction, to specify a
surface more complex then a simple vtkPlane.
It looks that vtkPolyPlane is what I need, but when I use it I have a
problem: the cut is done quite correctly along the polyline specified,
but also appear some other piece of cut in some other position.
The picture attached shows the problem.
I tried more grid sizes, and different polylines (different length or
shapes), but there is quite always this strange extra surfaces added.
I am not sure if it is a correct result of this filter.... or a bug.
Anyone can help?
Matteo