[vtkusers] ClipPolyData fails to clip CylinderSource?

Justin Weber onlyjus at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 20:43:04 EDT 2016

So I noticed that the ClipPolyData filter has trouble clipping cylinders at
an arbitrary location along the length axis. Is this a known issue?

See attached example using a CylinderSource, ClipPolyData, and Box as the
implicit. I would expect that I would get a smaller cylinder with the ends
open. Instead I get nothing from the PolyDataClip.GetClippedOutputPort.
Please let me know if I am doing something wrong.

vtk version 6.3.0 (python 2.7, Anaconda)

Justin