[vtkusers] Are blank lines allowed in the header of Legacy format VTK files?

drilene Ilene.Cohen at bsci.com
Tue Oct 11 15:40:13 EDT 2016

I had implemented my code to only read the first 4 lines of the Leagcy file
to get the: 1) version and identifier, 2) header, 3) file format and 4)
dataset type. One of our test engineers found a file on the web that had a
blank line between 3) and 4). This file failed in my code but loads in
Paraview. So, I tried putting blank lines in the header and it appears that
Paraview tolerates some blank lines such as 2 lines between 2) and 3) but no
lines between 1) and 2). Is there an accepted standard regarding blank
lines?