[vtkusers] announce: 7.1.0 is cooked, out of the oven, and ready for carving

Andrea Gavana andrea.gavana at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 03:18:17 EST 2016

Hi David & All,

On 23 November 2016 at 18:21, David E DeMarle wrote:

> Read all about it here:
> https://blog.kitware.com/vtk-7-1-0/

Thank you for the release. I have tried to use the cool feature described
here:

https://blog.kitware.com/rendering-tubes-and-spheres-in-vtk/

Using the just released VTK 7.1 and its Python bindings (I'm using VTK
through Python). However, when I add these two lines to one of my scripts
(property is a vtkProperty):

property.SetVertexVisibility(1)
property.SetVertexColor(0.5, 1.0, 0.8)

I get the following:

AttributeError: 'vtkRenderingOpenGL2Python.vtkOpenGLProperty' object has no
attribute 'SetVertexVisibility'

Also, doing a dir(vtkProperty) there is no mention of SetVertexVisibility
or any other "Vertex" method whatsoever.

Maybe I am missing something obvious...

Thank you.

Andrea.