[vtkusers] vtkBooleanOperationPolyDataFilter creates non-manifold edges

normanius juch at zhaw.ch
Tue May 17 05:47:57 EDT 2016

Hey Cory,

Give that guy a throne! Adam's work does solve my problem. Hurray hurray!
:)))

If I switch to that other branch (updega2/vtk-boolean_retry) and change
vtkBooleanOperation() to vtkBooleanOperation2() I don't get any non-manifold
edges, and also the border-edges seem to make sense now (that
vtkBooleanOperation messed up completely).

One issue I noticed after applying boolean ops consecutively: while all
expected borders are returned, there is one extra border showing up for
which I don't have any interpretation. I'll let you know when I notice any
other issues with that new version.

For which release roughly do you think vtkBooleanOperation2 will be
available?

And a big thanks to Adam and everyone else involved in this fix. :)))

default_surface.png
<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5738113/default_surface.png>
default_borders.png
<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5738113/default_borders.png>