[vtkusers] Moving the origin of the scene

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Mon Jun 13 06:23:43 EDT 2016

You'll want to use vtkCamera to move the view to the origin of the scene.

http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkCamera.html

vtkCamera::SetPosition(const double[3])
vtkCamera::SetFocalPoint(const double[3])

Set the focal point to the origin of the scene. You can independently
set the position of the camera and it will look at the focal point
wherever you position it. You may want to call
vtkCamera::OrthogonalizeViewUp() after setting these points to ensure
the camera behaves nicely.

You can get the current camera from the vtkRenderer via

vtkCamera* vtkRenderer::GetActiveCamera()

See

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Visualization/vtkCamera

For an example that positions the camera in this way.

HTH,
Cory

On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 10:02 AM, c_mihai via vtkusers <vtkusers at vtk.org> wrote:
> Should I be using vtkCoordinate? There aren't many examples with it, so I
> don't really understand how it would give me the transformation I need to
> move the world's origin.
>

> --

Cory Quammen
R&D Engineer