[vtkusers] VTK bindings to Node.js/V8/JavaScript

Axel Kittenberger axkibe at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 04:41:15 EST 2016

> Support for array parameters is important, because those are used
> throughout VTK.

I'll take a look at it. I suppose it would be nice to have JavaScript
standard polymorph arrays supported as well as typed arrays. First needs a
check for each value in the Array to be correct type in the wrapper and a
copy to make it a C array to hand it on, second allows direct access but
needs the JavaScript coder to declare them that way beforehand
like Float64Array().

For types that aren't derived from vtkObjectBase, the Python wrappers copy
> the object instead of using a reference count.  So types like vtkVariant
> and vtkTuple are wrapped in python as long as they have a copy constructor.

I see, so the instance gets simply deleted when the wrapper gets garbage
collected and no native should keep a pointer to those.

Stuff that doesn't have getters/setters like vtkVolumeRayCastDynamicInfo
can be safely skipped tough, right?

PS: I just realized I glossed over callbacks as well which the Python
wrapper supports.