[vtkusers] How to delete all nodes in the vtkContourWidget without crashes?

Mengda Wu wumengda at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 16:45:34 EST 2016

Hello all,

   I am trying to delete all nodes (user defined) in vtkContourWidget but
the following code crashes when I call ClearAllNodes. Why is this? How to
do it correctly?

vtkSmartPointer<vtkOrientedGlyphContourRepresentation>
contourRepresentation =
vtkSmartPointer<vtkOrientedGlyphContourRepresentation>::New();

drawWidget = vtkSmartPointer<vtkContourWidget>::New();
drawWidget ->SetRepresentation(contourRepresentation);
drawWidget ->SetInteractor(this->GetInteractor());
drawWidget->On();

   vtkOrientedGlyphContourRepresentation *contourRepresentation =
vtkOrientedGlyphContourRepresentation::SafeDownCast(
vtkContourWidget->GetContourRepresentation());
   vtkContourWidget->GetContourRepresentation()->ClearAllNodes() //crash
happens

Thanks,
Mengda