[vtkusers] [Java] VTK volume rendering

Aashish Chaudhary aashish.chaudhary at kitware.com
Mon Feb 15 15:07:44 EST 2016

vtkProjectedTetrahedraMapper is the class that meant for UnstructedGrid.
Are you using OpenGL2 backend or OpenGL1? Also, any information on your
system (os, graphics card), data type and size would be nice to know. The
other thing you can do is sample your grid into vtkImageData and then you
can use GPU Mapper.

Thanks,

On Sun, Feb 14, 2016 at 2:58 PM, atc1992vtk <atc1992vtk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
> I am working on an application using VTK with Java on Mac.
> Currently I am working on the volume rending function, the file I am
> working
> with is *UnstructedGrid*.
> I got some trouble in displaying the file, I tried to use different mapper
> and filter, only "*vtkProjectedTetrahedraMapper*" is working but the result
> was so laggy that i even couldn't move the object. So of the other Mapper
> (e.g. vtkUnstructuredGridVolumeMapper) I got a "*Invalid memory access of
> location*" error.
>
> Can anyone give me an up-to-date example or some hints on the correct class
> should be used in the pipeline??
>
> Andy
>

> --

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

*| Aashish Chaudhary | Technical Leader         | Kitware Inc.            *
*| http://www.kitware.com/company/team/chaudhary.html
<http://www.kitware.com/company/team/chaudhary.html>*