[vtkusers] splinewidget with projection

Dean Inglis inglis.dl at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 12:00:20 EST 2016

Hi Jose,

it looks like you are trying to replicate functionality provided
by annesolutions or bluesky bio in their surgical planning software.
I wrote custom code for panoramic dental imaging and examples to
demonstrate
their use for them a while ago.  Maybe they still have the code?
The example I wrote that can produce a very similar set of contours made use
of vtkContourWidget, vtkOrientedGlyphContourRepresentation and then setting
the contour representation's cursor shape and active cursor shape with the
output of
a pipeline made of:
vtkCylinderSource (make a capped cylinder with small height to straddle the
image)
vtkTransformPolyDataFilter  (align the cylinder perpendicular to the image)

you could use vtkCubeSource for the square glyphs.
The outer two coutours were generated by one custom widget that had two
handles at each end for controlling the thickness of the panoramic image
slab.
- Dean