[vtkusers] [VTKImage] Blend a resized picture

CHENET Aude (External) Aude.CHENET-ext at galderma.com
Fri Dec 9 11:30:36 EST 2016

Hello team,

I'm working on the blender module between  2 objects:

-          A VTKImageData

-          A VTKImageCanvasSource2D

Then I blend the objets :
blend = vtk.vtkImageBlend()
blend.AddInputConnection(canvasOutputPort)
blend.AddInputConnection(imageOutputPort)

Every things works well except rendering speed (about 1 sec because the main picture is a 8000x8000 tiff)

Then, I'm working on a resizer (VTKImageResize). If I use the resizer on the VTKImageData, its AlgorithmOutput decrease the Reference Count value (2 to 1)
ie:
canvasOutputPort:
vtkAlgorithmOutput: vtkAlgorithmOutput (000000000B0390C0)
  Debug: Off
  Modified Time: 6905
  Reference Count: 2
imageOutputPort:
vtkAlgorithmOutput: vtkAlgorithmOutput (000000000B039EC0)
  Debug: Off
  Modified Time: 6782
  Reference Count: 1

Then, I've got a Python crash at the line : blend.AddInputConnection(imageOutputPort).

è It's look like VTK can't blend 2 OutputPort with a Reference Count value different. Is it true ??

Have you got an idea to understand the problem and solve it ??

Thanks a lot

Aude