[vtkusers] building VTK 7.1.0 on MSYS2: undefined references

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Thu Dec 8 08:48:32 EST 2016

On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 11:44:00 -0500, David Lonie wrote:
> According to Common/DataModel/module.cmake, vtkCommonDataModel already has
> a dependency on vtkCommonCore inside of VTK. Everything should be linked
> already. Hmm.

CommonCore and CommonDataModel have a bit of a circular dependency, but
it is around the vtkInformationKey stuff, not the data array bits.

> It's likely that the mingw support needs some love. I don't think we have
> any customers that rely on it at the moment, but maybe someone can pick it
> up.

Yeah, we don't test it currently. It may have something to do with type
and size detection and VTK not instantiating all of the specializations
correctly on mingw?

--Ben