[vtkusers] Prevent Pipeline Execution

Michael Bußler Michael.Bussler at visus.uni-stuttgart.de
Mon Apr 4 08:45:50 EDT 2016

Hi,

I have a question regarding the pipeline execution.
My pipeline consists of some computational heavy modules, which are at the end triggered by a writer module.
Now I want to prevent this pipeline to be executed, if the file, that is produced at the end, already exists.

So far, I've tried to use RequestUpdateExtent() as it is called before RequestData() and I can get the time from outInfo:

int vtkWritePolyData::RequestUpdateExtent(vtkInformation* request, vtkInformationVector** inputVector, vtkInformationVector* outputVector)
{
    vtkInformation *outInfo = outputVector->GetInformationObject(0);

    std::string timeStr;
    if( outInfo->Has(vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline::UPDATE_TIME_STEP())) {

      if(checkFileExists(outInfo) )
      {
            request->Remove(vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline::REQUEST_DATA());
            outInfo->Set(vtkDemandDrivenPipeline::REQUEST_DATA_NOT_GENERATED());
        }
    }
    return 1;
}

But the RequestData() method of my writer module is still being executed.

How can I prevent the pipeline from being executed?

Best, Michael

--
Michael Bußler, Dipl.-Inf.
Visualization Research Center, Universität Stuttgart (VISUS) Allmandring 19

mail:   michael.bussler at visus.uni-stuttgart.de