[vtkusers] Undo vtkImageFlip effects

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 13:19:15 EDT 2015

Hi Marcos,

It might be more convenient to use vtkImageReslice to flip the images.  It
can take a 3x3 or 4x4 matrix that describes the transformation.

For a 3x3 matrix that flips the Y axis, you would use this:

reslice->SetResliceAxesDirectionCosines(
  1, 0, 0,
  0, -1, 0,
  0, 0, 1);

Be careful, though, because this flips the image around the origin, rather
than flipping it around its center.

For a 4x4 matrix, use reslice->SetResliceAxes(vtkMatrix4x4 *).  By using a
4x4 matrix, you can make sure that the correct center-of-rotation is
applied.

 - David