[vtkusers] Compute Hausdorff distance between two meshes

Darya Yelshyna darya.yelshyna at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 3 17:24:31 EST 2015

Hello everyone!
I am new to VTK and I have some questions on measuring the distance between meshes.After applying the ICP algorithm, I would like to measure the error between my target and transformed source meshes. I think the Hausdorff distance is the most appropriate indicator. I applied the vtkDistancePolyDataFilter, but it gives me a much greater error than the one I get in the MeshLab (for Hausdorff distance). I understand that those measures are different, and the sampling has a different effect, so I would like to know if I should implement the Hausdorff distance by myself using VTK classes, or if there is already some implementation.I found this implementation, but since I am using python bindings, I don't think this would work for me.
Sorry for inconvenience and thank you all in advance.
Best regards,Darya