[vtkusers] VTK Compilation with v120_xp toolset fails

Yordan Kyosev yordan_kyosev at gmx.net
Wed Mar 11 02:42:07 EDT 2015

Hi,
I have a problem compiling VTK on win8.1 64 bit with VS 2013

but with the Platfom Toolset for XP (as 32 bit version):

Visual Studio 2013 - Windows XP (v120_xp)

Which version of VTK should be able to compile this ? I tried 6.2 and
6.1 but get

31 IntelliSense: identifier "InterlockedAdd" is undefined
e:\...\VTK-6.1.0\Common\Core\SMP\Sequential\vtkAtomicInt.cxx Line 121 in
File: vtkCommonCore

It seems, that WinXP does not know what InterlockedAdd is, but I am not
sure where and what to include (Winnt.h (include Windows.h)) not making
big chaos.

Best regards

Yordan