[vtkusers] ActiViz 5.8.0 recurring random AccessViolationException

Christophe DUPERTHUY Christophe.Duperthuy at bioclinica.com
Mon Jun 1 08:35:01 EDT 2015

Sorry for the late follow up on this one. That means at least that current
solution holds.
In terms of solution, we have not identified any clear issue in our code or
way of using VTK.

There seemed to be a latent concern on the way objects were de-allocated in
the C# wrapping within a multi-threaded application.
Such concern appears to be fixed with VTK-6.2.0 (we worked with Kitware from
6.1 to get some in house fixes integrated and these came out with VTK 6.2).
As of now, the code we published in this thread was fixed with the new VTK
version.
We had of course to migrate our code from 5.8 to 6.2, with associated non
regression tests and pending fixes; in the end, the impact has rather been
limited and we were able to deliver a new version to production in a
reasonable time frame.
With the satisfaction of getting rid of those "random" crashes of course!