[vtkusers] Selection with vtkCompositePolyDataMapper2 mapper problem

Alex Malyushytskyy alexmalvtk at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 01:26:35 EDT 2015

Using vtkHardwareSelector with vtkMultiBlockDataSet and
vtkCompositePolyDataMapper2
sometimes is producing wrong results.
I have a vtkMultiBlockDataSet with polydata (sometimes NULL) as blocks.
On the screenshot you can see the simplest  geometry which I can reproduce
the problem on. Each rectangle there is a separate block.
It also displays window frame which supposed to define selection.
As you can see results (in red like colors) There is an extra block
selected which is totally outside of the frame.

Relative  functions which do selection and extraction are available in the
attachment.
For some reason if I select a single component - basically by clicking
without dragging selection frame, result is always correct.
Result seems also depends on view angle.
I tracked  that wrong results appear after
vtkConvertSelection::ToSelectionType
in converted to vtkSelectionNode::BLOCKS
vtkSelection.

I would appreciate any help or ideas.
I am using vtk-6-1-0.

Regards,