[vtkusers] Java servlet + Glassfish + volume rendering applications problem

Emptystack wulihouxiaoshuai at 163.com
Wed Jan 7 22:14:28 EST 2015

Hello everyone! I have developed  a rendering engine (using vtk's
java-wrapped classes) which can accept users' events like mouse coordinates
and then generate the resulting image. It works well when it is run as pure
java applications. But when I deployed it into glassfish web server by Java
servlet technology, something unexpected happened. When I send the first
request (from our developed HTML5 web-based medical image viewer) to the web
server, everything works well and we can also get the rendering image. But
when I  send  a request to the web server again, my web server stopped  at
the point of vtkRenderWindow::Render(). In a word, In a java servlet
environment, the first request to this method works very well, but the
second request failed.

I have been tormented by this problem for a long time. Hope someone can help
me!

Best wishes!