[vtkusers] android examples openGL ES 2.0

Francesco R francesco81492 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 15:09:12 EST 2015

Dear vtk users and developers,
I am currently trying to run the two android examples with OpenGL ES 2.0
backend available in vtk 7.0.0 rc1, on an ARM Mali 400 MP GPU.
Unfortunately, I am not able to run neither of them on the device.

NativeVTK crashes at Rendering/OpenGL2/vtkShaderProgram.cxx, line 399
with "Shader object was not initialized, cannot attach it."
See also http://pastebin.com/Wvew3gen for the full log.

JavaVTK appears to interact correctly with the user (see
http://pastebin.com/w3Sdu7CC ), but only a blue background is shown. The
trace file obtained with the android device monitor is available at
http://filebin.ca/2QdKao08I3lb/trace1.gltrace

Do you have any suggestion on what could be the issue?

Thanks