[vtkusers] vtkrendering module

Shawn Waldon shawn.waldon at kitware.com
Wed Dec 16 13:07:51 EST 2015

Between vtk 5 and vtk 6 the vtkRendering module was split into several
modules.  My first attempt at fixing this would be to replace it with
vtkRenderingCore and see if everything is still found.  Unless you are
doing something that extends the internals of the rendering code, you
shouldn't need to worry about using vtkRenderingOpenGL (this is where the
implementations live for vtkRenderingCore's abstract classes using the old
OpenGL1 backend, but requiring vtkRenderingCore should pull this in as
well).

It sounds like that example is broken when building against modern VTK.
Someone should fix it (I may get time later, if you want to, then go ahead).

HTH,
Shawn