[vtkusers] Segmentation fault with vtkBooleanOperationPolyDataFilter using 2 cylinders [HELP]

updega2 updega2 at berkeley.edu
Mon Dec 7 10:45:42 EST 2015

Hi all,

Looking at this post, I think now is a good time to mention that I have been
working on an alternate boolean operation. I realize this was more an issue
with Delaunay 2D, and I actually noticed some of the Delaunay 2D problems
while working on this new boolean, and I worked with Joachim to get those
issues fixed.

I have just recently finished it up, and I figured maybe it could be added
as a second boolean operation in vtk? It created a very similar
vtkIntersectionPolyDataFilter with a couple small differences. The boolean
however is more similar to the GTS implementation to identify boolean
regions instead of a signed distance algorithm. This improves the speed and
quality, and also allows open surface booleans.

I have created a fork, and I have started to clean up the code for vtk
format. If this sounds helpful and something that might be possible, let me
know!

Thanks!

Adam Updegrove