[vtkusers] Build a surface plot from java (point by point)

jason@optimalcomputing jason.cardinal at optimalcomputing.be
Tue Aug 11 03:10:23 EDT 2015

I would like to build a surface plot by manually adding points to my graphic
(I'm developping in Java).

This should be rendered to something like this :
http://www.vtk.org/pipermail/vtkusers/attachments/20101029/63dfcd6c/attachment-0001.jpeg
<http://www.vtk.org/pipermail/vtkusers/attachments/20101029/63dfcd6c/attachment-0001.jpeg>

Could you please help me get a working code ?

Here is what I tried (and that isn't actually working) ...

            // xResults, yResults and zResults are Double[][] parameters

	    vtkPolyData datas = new vtkPolyData();
	    for(int i=0; i<xResults.length; i++)
	    	for(int j=0; j<xResults[i].length; j++)
	    	{
	    		double x = xResults[i][i], y = yResults[i][j], z = zResults[i][j];
	    		datas.GetPoints().InsertNextPoint(x, y, z);
	    	}

	    vtkPolyDataMapper mapper = new vtkPolyDataMapper();
	    mapper.SetInputData(datas);

	    vtkActor actor2 = new vtkActor();
	    actor2.SetMapper(mapper);

	  vtkRenderer renderer = new vtkRenderer();
	  vtkRenderWindow renderWindow = new vtkRenderWindow();
	  renderWindow.AddRenderer(renderer);
	  vtkRenderWindowInteractor renderWindowInteractor = new
vtkRenderWindowInteractor();
	  renderWindowInteractor.SetRenderWindow(renderWindow);

	vtkCubeAxesActor2D axes = new vtkCubeAxesActor2D();
	axes.SetInputData(mapper.GetInputAsDataSet());
	axes.SetFlyModeToOuterEdges();
	axes.SetCamera(renderWindowPanel.GetRenderer().GetActiveCamera());
	axes.SetLabelFormat("%6.4g");
	axes.SetScaling(3);
	renderer.AddViewProp(axes);

	// Add the actor to the scene
	  renderer.AddActor(actor2);
	  renderer.SetBackground(.3, .6, .3); // Background color green

	  // Render and interact
	  renderWindow.Render();
	  renderWindowInteractor.Start();