[vtkusers] VTK-6.1 and Visual Studio 2013 on VirtualBox

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 14:50:10 EDT 2015

Hi Philippe,

Around a year ago, I did a 64-bit build of VTK 6.1 (or thereabouts) with
Visual Studio 2013 Express on Win7-64 running on VirtualBox.  I didn't
run into any errors like the one you describe above.

I suspect that all the errors are related to this:

  CMake Warning (dev) at Utilities/KWSys/vtksys/CMakeLists.txt:264
  (CONFIGURE_FILE):
    configure_file called with unknown argument(s): COPY_ONLY

You're using a version of CMake 3.x that expects cmake files to use
COPYONLY instead of the older COPY_ONLY.  Try cmake 2.8.12,
and I bet the problem will disappear.

Does anyone else know why CMake 3 would be giving this error?  It
seems like a nasty bit of backwards-incompatibility.

 - David