[vtkusers] intersecting polygons

mbcx9rb9 richard.j.brown at live.co.uk
Wed Apr 1 05:24:15 EDT 2015

Hi all,

A very simple question I think. I'd like to produce a polygon representing
the overlap between two overlaps (in this case a circle and a rectangle). I
have tried vtkImageDifference and vtkIntersectionPolyDataFilter to no avail.

I generated the circle using vtkRegularPolygonSource and the square with
vtkPoints with vtkPolyon to create a vtkCellArray to create vtkPolyData.

My problem, however, is when using SetInputConnection for vtkImageDifference
or vtkIntersectionPolyDataFilter, I get the error "Input for connection
index 0 on input port index 1 for algorithm
vtkImageDifference(0x7ff2ea844400) is of type vtkPolyData, but a
vtkImageData is required."

Can anyone give me any pointers? It seems like such a simple task but I'm
stumped.

Regards