[vtkusers] Undesirable smoothing/anti-aliasing when displaying image

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 11:30:44 EDT 2014

Hi Somesh,

It's definitely not a bug.  Interpolation is turned on by default, in order to
reduce a certain artifact known as "pixels" that can occur when displaying
a uniformly sampled data set ;)

In VTK 5, use this method:

actor->InterpolateOff();

In VTK 6, you can have even more control via the Property and the Mapper
for the image:

actor->GetProperty()->SetInterpolationTypeToNearest();
actor->GetMapper()->BorderOn();

 - David