[vtkusers] vtkResliceImage and appending slices

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 12:17:43 EDT 2014

Hi Zarko,

Usually, one should use vtkImageReslice::SetOutputExtent() to specify
a 3D extent that contains more than one sliice.  This makes it
unnecessary to include the "append" as a follow-up step.   You will
probably have to find some way to make all your images have the same
dimensions, because in a 3D image (i.e. a vtkImageData) all the slices
are required to have the same dimensions.

If the slices are not the same dimensions, then there is no easy way
to append them (vtkImageAppend won't work, for example).

 - David