[vtkusers] QVTKWidget and Interacting with Image

Nick Patterson pattersonnp at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 13:39:33 EDT 2014

VTK Users,

 I would like to take the example for visualising a DICOM series in VTK (http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/IO/ReadDICOMSeries) as outlined in the example I have linked to, but I want to render this within a QVTKWidget.

I have quite happily rendered the DICOM series in a QVTKWidget and can scroll through the image slices using something like a QSlider widget. But I simply cannot determine a way to interact with the image in the same way as the example shows, effectively being able to scroll through the images use the mouse wheel.

There seems to be a lack of documentation of how to interact with the rendered window with a QVTKWidget and I hoped that someone with experience of this can advise on how I can interact with the image (as per the example I linked to above) but when it is rendered within the QT widget.

Regards, Nick.