[vtkusers] Error Calculating Vector Field From Scalars (when using vtkArrayCalculator)

Lesleis Nagy l.nagy at ed.ac.uk
Fri Nov 21 04:29:04 EST 2014

Hello,

I'm having some trouble calculating a vector field from a list of three scalars using the vtkArrayCalculator. When I attempt to run my program vtk gives me the following error message:

ERROR: In /tmp/vtk5-Sa5a/VTK5.10.1/Filtering/vtkExecutive.cxx, line 756
vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline (0x7fe8b9426170): Algorithm vtkArrayCalculator(0x7fe8b9425150) returned failure for request: vtkInformation (0x7fe8b94263c0)
  Debug: Off
  Modified Time: 207
  Reference Count: 1
  Registered Events: (none)
  Request: REQUEST_DATA_OBJECT
  FORWARD_DIRECTION: 0
  ALGORITHM_AFTER_FORWARD: 1

I have included a minimal sample program which is based on the vtkArrayCalculator unit tests, along with a sample tecplot data file that reproduces the error in a zipped tar file (attached). Additionally I'm compiling my code on OSX 10.9.5 using the homebrew installation of VTK5 (if any more information is required regarding my platform please let me know). Could someone please offer any assistance/advice as to where I'm going wrong?

Kind regards
Lesleis Nagy