[vtkusers] How to use vtkBooleanOperationPolyDataFilter correctly

ftouvet francois.touvet at inria.fr
Tue Nov 4 12:27:10 EST 2014

Hello Santosh and Cory,

First of all, thanks for sharing your work about this filter, it is highly
appreciated!
I am facing a problem and as it seems quite close to Santosh's, I hope you
can provide me good advices as I don't understand what is going on.
The idea is to test a cylinder against a given shape, and extract the
resulting intersection. It works most of the time excepted for one shape;
even when the cylinder and the shape are not in contact the filter gives me
a part of the cylinder as result.
The image is from paraview, it shows the cylinder in grey, the shape in
yellow, and the result in red-to-blue (btw I don't understand the use of
colormap here either).
The two inputs are polydatas; as a prerequisite I filter it through
vtkCleanPolyData + vtkTriangleFilter + vtkPolyDataNormals, and make sure the
normals are pointing outwards.
Thanks
Francois

<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5729363/20.png>