[vtkusers] region growing for a given contour

AIs royalmatador at gmail.com
Thu May 15 06:38:39 EDT 2014

Hi All,
I would like to know if there is any way to way to region fill, a given 2D/
3D contour.
I have a 2D image on which I have performed edge detection using image
gradient and image magnitude following a vtk Wikipedia example for Canny
edge detection.
I have a stack of 2D image slices with edge information with which I want to
generate a 3D model.
But so far my 3D model only contains edge model and is not a completely
closed contour model.
Can anyone please provide some insight into this.
Thanks for the help.
Kind regards.
AIs