[vtkusers] Edge flagging in vtkPolyData

Viet Bui Xuan v.buixuan at simpleware.com
Tue May 6 11:11:10 EDT 2014

Hello everyone,

I have come across a problem that doesn't seem to have an obvious solution,
when looking at the VTK documentation.

Perhaps more experienced VTK users can put me on the right track!

Goal:

I've got a vtkPolyData and we allow users of the application to flag/select
some edges. I would like to be able to encode the edge information in a way
that would allow me to apply any user selected filter without having to
worry about keeping track explicitly (i.e. modify each filter) of the edges
that were flagged.

I hope this question makes sense. Please don't hesitate to ask me if
something's not clear. And of course any input/advice would be very welcome!

Cheers,

Viet