[vtkusers] vtkXYPlotActor AttributeError

João Domingos joao.sousa.domingos at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 23:29:16 EDT 2014

Hi all,

Today I installed VTK 6.10 to re-run a python project from last year (was
running fine on 5.10). I changed the usual 'SetInputData' to 'SetInput'
where necessary, and that is all fine. Unfortunately, the most bizarre
thing is happening with the class vtkXYPlotActor. It is simply not
recognizing the attributes 'AddDataSetInput' and
'AddDataSetInputConnection'. I also tried the attributes 'AddInputDataSet'
and 'AddInputConnection' and the same error shows up:

        xyplot = vtk.vtkXYPlotActor()
#print type(input_data)          <type 'vtkobject'>
#print xyplot
        xyplot.AddDataSetInput(input_data)
#xyplot.AddInputDataSet(input_data)
#xyplot.AddInputConnection(input_data)                    #needs
.GetOutputPort()
 #xyplot.AddDataSetInputConnection(input_data)        #needs
.GetOutputPort()

File "/home/domingos/Desktop/eCardioLab4D 22 Dec 2013/xyplot.py", line 22,
in __init__xyplot.AddDataSetInput(input_data)
AttributeError: AddDataSetInput

I reinstalled vtk (again with python wrapping), just to be sure I did not
screw it the first time, but the exact same error happens again. I have
hundreds of different classes being called before the vtkXYPlotActor and
they are all compiled just fine. Is there any noob mistake from my end here
...?

Many thanks for your time,
Joao