[vtkusers] Unable to change the color of a contoursurface made from sampling an implicit sphere function

Mike Taverne Mike.Taverne at bristol.ac.uk
Fri Jul 25 12:59:59 EDT 2014

Hi,

I have some strange VTK rendering problems.

The attached code should create one blue sphere via:
vtkSphereSource -> vtkPolyDataMapper

And one green sphere via:
vtkSphere -> vtkSampleFunction -> vtkContourFilter -> vtkPolyDataMapper

But for some reason, the second sphere, created via a contour filter,
always renders completely in black on the outside and red on the inside.

How can I get the second sphere to be colored?

I originally noticed that problem while trying out the iceCream.py
example and have the same issue with C++ versions of the code.

Version info:
-Python 2.7.6
-vtk version 6.1.0

OS: