[vtkusers] VTK_USE_MATLAB_MEX VTK6

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Wed Jul 2 12:56:35 EDT 2014

On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 8:04 PM, kwayeke via vtkusers <vtkusers at vtk.org> wrote:
> Has anyone successfully compile VTK6 with matlab using  VTK_USE_MATLAB_MEX.
> It seems to be that  VTK_USE_MATLAB_MEX option is  no longer in cmake.
>
> I want to use the vtk matlab interface described here :
>
> http://www.kitware.com/media/html/MATLABAndGNURIntegrationWithVTK.html
>
> and here
>
> http://www.kitware.com/media/html/MATLABAndGNURIntegrationWithVTKNowAvailable.html

We kept the code but at the time had no way to build/verify and so a
new module was not created. This was contributed, it would be great to
bring it back. As Dave said we would need a module.cmake, and someone
with Matlab to build/test. This is one of the harder ones as it
requires a license for something we don't have generally available. It
may just work if you add a module.cmake with the appropriate
dependencies.

Marucus