[vtkusers] blending DICOM images

Sam Raby rabysam28 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 18:52:26 EST 2014

Hello,

I am using vtkBlendImage to overlay two DICOM images. The two images are
already perfectly co-registered.

To overlay them, I am using the following code, but it does not work well.
Would you advice if there is any problem with the code? Thanks!

    reader1->SetDirectoryName("/home/dicomDIR1");

    reader1->Update();

    reader2->SetDirectoryName("/home/dicomDIR2");

    reader2->Update();

    blend->AddInputConnection(reader1->GetOutputPort());

    blend->AddInputConnection(reader2->GetOutputPort());

    blend->SetOpacity(0,0.5);

    blend->SetOpacity(1,0.5);

    imageViewer->SetInputConnection(blend->GetOutputPort());

    imageViewer->SetSlice(oneSlice);