[vtkusers] ActiViz | WindowColor | Memory Corrupt..

franko franko at mixzon.com
Tue Feb 18 13:44:16 EST 2014

I have been having similar crash issues with ActiViz.Net. I'm using C++/CLI
with Visual Studio 2013.

As Matimont stated and as stated in other threads, it is important to hold
.NET managed references to vtk objects or objects used by vtk objects.

Moving code around sometimes seems to eliminate the crashes. Using .Net on
other projects, I haven't had to be concerned with holding onto .Net
objects. Is there a good way to troubleshoot these issues? What's a good
strategy for "holding" on to .Net objects?

I'm particularly trying to pay close attention to event handlers. I
currently have 2 event handlers:
1. A vtkInteractorSytle LeftButtonPressEvt event handler so that I can use
vtkPropPicker to pick a vtkActor
2. A vtkOuputWindow ErrorEvt handler so that I can redirect VTK error
messages from the VTK Output Window and log them. (See my previous post
"ActiViz | Garbage Collection unhandled exception")

Thanks,
Frank Opila