[vtkusers] creating your own widget

AIs royalmatador at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 17:17:49 EST 2014

Hi Zukic
I am trying to write a Widget to perform localized image processing with the
3D model generated with help of VTK.
My interest is to interact with the model; something like a GUI for me to
interact with the model.
In short I wish to select a portion of the 3D model reconstructed with help
of VTK, then export it out into Visual studio 2010, use C++ to play around
with the data and then be able to reintroduce it back into VTK to generate a
modified 3D model.
So far I think a widget would better suit my requirements as I can then
interact with the render window generated with VTK.
Yes the other way would be to use Qt with VTK to achieve this. But I was
wondering if VTK provides some way to do this. For instance I read about
vtkMyCallBack but could not get any further with this.
If you can please provide any suggestions or tutorial for this it would be a
great help. I am using vtk 5.8.0 and Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 for this.
Cheers
AIs